VY - VZ Commodore Racing Oil Pan Baffle
Designed to improve oil control and reduce oil starvation, which is crucial for the LS-series small blocks that have a history of being prone to oil starvation during long, high-G turns - especially at higher RPMs where oil aeration is more prevalent.
These units provide track-proven protection against oil starvation for everything from road racing, drifting to drag racing. The baffle uses trap doors to keep oil around the pickup tube and provides vastly improved oil control over the stock baffle.
Note: Does not fit VT, VX and VU.
The chart displayed plots oil pressure, RPM and lateral G-forces with the factory sump (in red) and with the Improved Racing oil pan baffle (in black) on a VT Clubsport at Winton Motor Raceway. Also note the lap with the Improved baffle is also faster.
Features and Benefits
• Trap-door baffling completely encloses the pickup tube for maximum protection against oil starvation
• 100% bolt in, no welding necessary. This is a direct bolt-in replacement for the stock steel baffle
• Improves drainback and reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
• Reduces oil slosh and oil consumption at high G's
• Drastically cheaper than aftermarket pans
• Light-weight aluminum construction saves approximately 770 grams over the stock baffle
• Solid body aircraft rivets used for trap door fasteners
• Lifetime Warranty
Track-proven to prevent oil starvation at up to 1.4 sustained lateral G's in most vehicles
Directional trap door baffling completely encloses the oil pump pickup for maximum protection against oil starvation at high Gs
Baffle plate with drain-back guides and drain-back slots help accelerate return of oil to the bottom of the sump while also preventing oil slosh and reducing oil consumption
Reduces the risk of oil starvation when oil levels are low
Allows retention of the stock oil pan, which is a structural part of the engine. In fact, GM describes the pan as "engine reinforcement". Most aftermarket pans do not provide adequate structural support, which can result in leakages and decreased reliability.
Note: Gasket kit also available.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MRC Performance users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.