Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T RB20DET 1988-1994
Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T RB25DET 1993-1998
Nissan Skyline R34 GTS-T RB25DET 1999-2002
Nissan Stagea Turbo 2001-2007
Nissan Stagea Turbo 1996-2001 (RB25DET Only)
Dual outlet-type BOV. The Kompact Dual Port vents both to the atmosphere and back into the air intake. Ports with sequential timing allow quieter operation during normal driving, while still offering the performance and sound of a vent-to-atmosphere BOV when the going gets harder.
The standard blow-off valves on these cars are made of plastic, unlike the highly durable machined billet construction of the Kompact. The standard valves are often not up to the task of eliminating damaging compressor surge, and as the cars age, the plastic becomes brittle and can crack, causing severe boost leaks. This prevents the turbo from reaching its full potential, robbing you of performance.
With its anodised billet aluminium body and lightweight alloy piston, the Kompact offers extreme durability, superior response and excellent boost holding capability for its size.
The Kompact Dual Port is perfect for owners of stock to lightly-modified cars looking for the classic vent-to-atmosphere BOV sound in an OEM-replacement, space efficient package.
Benefits of installing a Turbosmart BOV
- Reduced turbo lag
- Standard BOVs stay open while under vacuum not allowing the turbocharger to pressurize the intercooler and piping. When the valve closes, the intercooler and intercooler piping need to build pressure which causes extra lag.
- Turbosmart BOVs are designed to close earlier than standard to reduce lag. All vent to atmosphere BOVs will be completely closed at idle. The result is instant turbo response as the valve is closed even before the throttle is open.
- All Turbosmart BOVs (Except the Kompact Plumb Back range) are tunable to suit different preferences and modifications which can eliminate excessive over fueling and reduce light cavitation.
- Increased sealing and pressure handling capabilities
- All Turbosmart piston-type BOVs are made from aerospace grade billet aluminum and machined to very tight tolerances resulting in superior quality. They will withstand any boost level and won’t vent under any boost conditions. The Race Port, which is a diaphragm-actuated type BOV, uses a nomex reinforced flurosilicone diaphragm which has a continuous working pressure rating of over 150 PSI. Both the Race Port and 38mm BOV range feature O-Ring seals on the piston increasing their sealing capabilities.
- Turbosmart BOVs provide superior sealing of the intake system which reduces stress on the turbocharger when compared to standard bypass valves. These BOVs will not leak air pressure no matter how much boost the turbocharger makes.
- High Flow
- All Turbosmart BOVs are designed to maximize flow and increase the performance of your engine without putting extreme stress on the bearings of the turbocharger.
- The Kompact Range is a great factory upgrade when you’re looking for the durability, response and sealing capabilities of a Turbosmart BOV, without needing an increase in flow capabilities compared to the standard BOV.
- The 38mm range is great for medium modifications using higher boost and high power outputs compared to stock are required.
- The Race Port is for extreme horsepower applications using large frame turbochargers which need a high flowing valve BOV to eliminate cavitation.
If you’re looking for superior quality and flow at the best price, you can’t go past a Turbosmart BOV from MRC Performance!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MRC Performance users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.