- Direct Bolt on for for the stock bypass valve on the Subaru WRX MY08-14 as well as the new Nissan Juke/Pulsar Turbo
- Billet aluminium construction provides strength
- Precision-machined lightweight piston gives excellent valve response and sealing without relying on rubber diaphragms or O-rings
- Far more durable, and guards against compressor surge even when the boost is turned up
- Features a 50-50 split operation between recirculating and vent-to-atmosphere
- One recirculating port keeps the car's ECU happy, while one vent-to-atmosphere port gives the classic Turbosmart blow-off valve sound we know and love
- Improved response
- Fully serviceable
- Great for enthusiasts not wanting to be noticed but wanting the performance and reliability benefits of a quality BOV.
Port blanking plate, Pink Spring (installed), Gasket
Benefits of installing a Turbosmart BOV
Reduced turbo lag
Standard bovs stay open while under vacuum not allowing the turbocharger to pressurize the intercooler and piping. When the valve closes, the intercooler and intercooler piping need to build pressure which causes extra lag.
Turbosmart BOVs are designed to close earlier than standard to reduce lag. All vent to atmosphere BOVs will be completely closed at idle. The result is instant turbo response as the valve is closed even before the throttle is open.
All Turbosmart BOVs (Except the Kompact Plumb Back range) are tunable to suit different preferences and modifications which can eliminate excessive over fueling and reduce light cavitation.
Increased sealing and pressure handling capabilities
All Turbosmart piston-type BOVs are made from aerospace grade billet aluminum and machined to very tight tolerances resulting in superior quality. They will withstand any boost level and won’t vent under any boost conditions. The Race Port, which is a diaphragm-actuated type BOV, uses a nomex reinforced flurosilicone diaphragm which has a continuous working pressure rating of over 150 PSI. Both the Race Port and 38mm BOV range feature O-Ring seals on the piston increasing their sealing capabilities.
Turbosmart BOVs provide superior sealing of the intake system which reduces stress on the turbocharger when compared to standard bypass valves. These BOVs will not leak air pressure no matter how much boost the turbocharger makes.
All Turbosmart BOVs are designed to maximize flow and increase the performance of your engine without putting extreme stress on the bearings of the turbocharger.
The Kompact Range is a great factory upgrade when you’re looking for the durability, response and sealing capabilities of a Turbosmart BOV, without needing an increase in flow capabilities compared to the standard BOV.
The 38mm range is great for medium modifications using higher boost and high power outputs compared to stock are required.
The Race Port is for extreme horsepower applications using large frame turbochargers which need a high flowing valve BOV to eliminate cavitation.
If you’re looking for superior quality and flow at the best price, you can’t go past a Turbosmart BOV from MRC Performance!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other MRC Performance users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.